Use of an automated car wash will void the warranty.
Vinyl Graphic Care Info
The Dos and Don’ts of Cleaning Applied Vinyl Vehicle Graphics
Proper Care of Perforated Window Graphics (vehicle)
Avoid using the rear windshield wiper and only use, when necessary, as it will scratch the laminate over time and reduce visibility. It is best to clean any grime and sediment from your rear window with a wet squeegee to avoid scratching.
Avoid using your rear defroster, use only when necessary, as it can potentially reduce the lifespan of the see through perforated window film.
Avoid rolling of windows with graphics in order to avoid scratching.
Do not use an ice scraper on any window that is covered with vinyl specially perforated window film as it could scratch and damage the graphics.
Keep in mind that these are simple guidelines for extending the life of your window graphics.
Proper Care of Perforated Window Graphics (storefront)
Wash graphics with a blend of clean water and a mild car wash or detergent (i.e., Dawn, Joy or Ivory)
Test any cleaning solution on a small section of the vinyl graphic before using.
Always read the warning labels on car care products for the proper safety instructions.
Once you have washed the windows with a soapy water blend, rinse with clean water.
Concerns About Pressure Washing Vinyl Vehicle Graphics
Pressure washing should only be used when no other cleaning methods are available. Keep the following in mind while performing this type of cleaning.
- Repeated pressure washing can cause the vinyl graphics to lift around the edges and peel away from the vehicle especially if the spray is at a sharp angle to the vinyl edge.
- Over time, pressure washing cab degrade the face film, causing the graphic to lose its luster, fade, crack and even chip away from the substrate.
To prolong the life of the applied vehicle graphic when choosing to pressure wash, consider the following (based on vertical application).
- Water temperature: 67-77 degrees F.
- Spray nozzle opening: 40 degree wide pattern.
- Spray angle: 45 degrees.
- Angle of graphic: 90 degrees (vertical).
- Distance from graphic: 15 degrees.
- Water Pressure: less than 80 PSI.
- Length of time: 30 seconds.
Aim the spray pattern at a slight angle to the edge of the vinyl graphic. Under no circumstances should a turbo pressure nozzle be used when pressure washing applied vehicle graphics.
How to Remove Difficult Pollutants or Debris from Applied Vehicle Graphics
- Spot clean the area with Isopropyl Alcohol and a microfiber rag.
- Moisten a rag with a citrus-based cleaner and naphtha. Wipe down the problem areas. Immediately after using the citrus cleaner and naphtha, rinse the area with water and soap.
If these cleaning methods do not work on the problem areas, please contact us for more helpful tips and information.
How to Properly Hand-Wash Vinyl Vehicle Graphics
- Garden hose with standard spray nozzle attachment.
- Clean bucket.
- Mild car wash detergent.
- Soft cotton or microfiber sponge.
- Dry microfiber cloths.
- 1Rinse the graphic with water to wash away any loose sediments, dust or dirt using your garden hose with spray nozzle attachment.
- 2Mix water and mild car wash detergent into your bucket. (Make sure the bucket is free of dirt and small rocks as these will scratch your car and or vinyl graphics)
- 3Soak your sponge with the water and soap mixture.
- 4Clean the graphic starting from the top working down to the bottom. This will allow the dirty, contaminated water to run downward.
- 5Rinse the graphic with clean water using the hose with spray nozzle attachment.
- 6Once the graphic is rinsed off with water, allow it to air dry. You may also use a microfiber cloth to dry the graphic.
- 7Once dry, for added protection, you may apply a silicone or Teflon-based polish designed for vinyl vehicle graphics. (Read and follow product manufactures directions and suggestions frequency)